Up

Diabetes Mellitus: causes and symptoms

10 Jul 2012, 14:18
Comment (0)

According to the International Diabetes Federation, by far 366 million people all over the world live with diabetes. At the same time half of them do not even realize their illness, because until the specific time, the disease do not manifest itself.

 

There two types of diabetes. First exposed to only 5% of patients, while the second to the remaining 95%. Despite the differences in the development both diseases have one same symptom. It's increased blood sugar level.

insulin injection

The main symptoms

 

As in the case of the 1st and 2nd type of diabetes any manifestations may be absent at all. In such situations doctors are looking the fundus to identify the disease. If the symptoms are evident, their severity depends on the duration of the disease, decrease insulin secretion and the individual characteristics of the organism.

 

Diabetic foot problem: amputation – to be or not to be?

 

The main symptoms of diabetes can include:

 

1.  Weight loss.

2.  Impaired vision.

3.  Xerosis.

4.  Itching.

5.  Itching of genital mucosal.

6.  Cramps in the leg muscles.

7.  Increased thirst.

8.  Frequent urination.

 

These symptoms may occur either separately or simultaneously. In order to distinguish the 1 and 2 type diabetes you need to know more detailed list of symptoms of each.

 

Symptoms of the first type of diabetes are: nausea, vomiting, weight loss, increased thirst, frequent urination, weakness, fatigue, irritability, and sometimes - an insatiable hunger, bedwetting (in children).

 

Symptoms of the second type of diabetes are: drowsiness, fatigue, blurred vision, itching, skin infections, increased thirst, numbness in the feet, slow healing cuts and wounds, increased hairiness on the face, loss of hair on the legs, yellow growths on the body (xanthomas), inflammation foreskin (balanoposthitis).

 

As a rule the second type of diabetes appears already in middle age and is associated with malnutrition. In order to make an accurate diagnosis of "diabetes", it is necessary to determine the level of sugar in the blood and urine.

 

Pyelonephritis ― №1 enemy of kidneys

Please, sign in to leave your comment

    No comments yet

Enter through
Enter through